Here it is: A Y6 hexacopter build from scrap parts and a self printed TPU frame.
Pardon the build quality. I really hacked it together in a total of 4 hours. It looks like sh*t, but it flies SO GOOD!
It's running Betaflight 3.5. The motors are just some random Racerstars – two different sizes even! 2206 on top, 2205 on the bottom. The ESCs are two 20A and 4 30A (Racerstar and Makerfire).
I uploaded a new video onto the Tube, it's called "Ghost / unknown flying object".
I liked picking up the idea of a double feature, which is movie enthusiast slang nowadays, but used to be quite common: You pay once, and get to see two movies (two features).
It's mainly footage from my Mallorca trip in 2018, the intro is me chasing Sean's wing in Hallstadt, Germany. It's not related to Mallorca, just thought to myself it makes for a good opening. Well, now that i think about it, that sesh was the last time I went flying before going on that plane, so it kinda has its place there at the beginning.
So, without further ado: Enjoy and please subscribe!
In case you're wondering, since it's not stated in the manual:
The notches for setting the FPV Camera angle are 15°, 30° and 45°.
There you go, Internet, now it's documented forever 🙂
I fly 30° personally, since for freestyle I think 45 is too fast and 15 is so incredibly slow, you're almost not moving forward at all.
Have a look at my FPV Freestyle Videos on YouTube if you like!
FPV Freestyle Session
Kreuzberg, Bamberg, Germany
- Martian II 5" Frame
- Hglrc F3 V4 AIO Flight Controller
- Racerstar BR2206 2200kV Motors
- King Kong 5040 5x4x3 Props
- Eachine and Aomway 5.8G 5dBi RHCP Antennas
- Aomway Commander V1 FPV Goggles
- FrSky Taranis Q X7 running OpenTX 2.2
- FrSky X4R & XM+ Receiver
- GoPro Session in EPIC MODE!
- 3D Printed GoPro Session Mount and Stock GoPro Mount with a Zip Tie ;)
- SLS 1300mAh 4S, mylipo 1300mAh 4S + Zippy 1600mAh 4S LiPo-Batteries
- SkyRC Q200 AC/DC Quattro Battery Charger
xJK. – haHAA (https://soundcloud.com/xjkbeats/hahaaaaaaaaa)