It took about 6 months of work, and it’s done: gentoo/octane 1.0 has been released.
Grab your copy here: gentoo-octane-v1.0-by-rephlex.tar.xz
It’s basically a complete tarball of the system. So:
- attach scsi disk to any machine or netboot the octane using root=/dev/nfs nfsroot=a.b.c.d/path/to/filesystem (if you’re a tough guy)
- prepare the octanes local disks
- add tarball
- set envvars (included)
- everything that would work in any random gentoo that is up-to-date as of April 2019 😉
- Kernel 4.12 with audio, and all the funny devices inside the octane including impact graphics.
What doesn’t work yet:
- xf86-video-impact xorg module ;/ – see /etc/motd for how to achieve running xorg. It’s ALMOST DONE!
- Kernel newer than 4.12. The patches need to be tested and maybe adjusted, that’s it.
IF YOU HAVE THOSE PATCHES, PLEASE CONTACT ME!
If you want to donate money, my paypal is firstname.lastname@example.org 😉